Sunday, January 22

Acceptance By The Family


Today I'm going to my Nan house, which is where I go every other Sunday. Although I like seeing my little cousin and the rest of the family, I can't help but feeling like an outcast. My little cousin was born nearly seven years ago and since then I've been the second best. I agree that she's adorable and should get everything she wants, but what about me as well?

I hate sounding ungrateful, but I think about my sixteenth birthday all the time. I went round to see them on the Sunday, expecting something special from them, seeing as it was my sixteenth and a big deal. I opened this present to find a bookmark that could have been bought from the 99p store. I was so disappointed with them for not thinking of something special, but I've decided that that is how they are. They don't understand the importance of a teenager growing up, not the importance of the teenager being me anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment