Saturday, January 21

Our opportunity to choose


Choices. At the young of sixteen these choices don't seem to be your own, even though you're meant to be an adult in the eyes of the government. 'We're your parents, we know best!' is a constant reminder of the age we are and how we are lacking responsibility. Throughout school my parents would tell me about the responsibilities I would have once I had left school, and even though I should have many, none of them were decided by me. My parents helped me choose what college I went to and what course I chose, how I would get to college, even when I would learn to drive. When I got my grades back in August my Nan started to tell me that business isn't the right path for me and that she thought hairdressing would be, which turned out to be a complete disaster and ended up with them telling me to drop out of college, at the interview! 

In September I started my business course, like I chose, and am far ahead of the course than most of the people on it. I enjoy typing and writing about what I do at work, which I chose as my work experience placement. Even now I am choosing what courses to do for my next year at college

Choices should be your own and if anybody takes that opportunity away from you, snatch it back quickly! Life is about choices and responsibility so take control of your life by acting on your opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment